Saturday, May 7, 2011

All The Help I Can Get

I received this book in the mail yesterday after waiting nearly 4 weeks (this online store doesn't tell you that they source and mail from overseas until you get your invoice) after a recommendation from a friend.................
It will hopefully get me going on decluttering my house. I have only just started reading it and so far the book has me relaxed and getting into the right mindset to tackle the job. This is more than some other decluttering books that I have bought and read (now you see why I need to declutter LOL) has made me feel. These other books use timers, racing around like a lunatic etc. So wish me luck!

Oh and another reason I need to start is that I watch "Hoarders Buried Alive" and that tv show freaks me out LOL

7 comments:

  1. We have a similar show here in the UK - How Clean Is Your House. It's frightening but makes me do less. I'm nowhere near as bad as these people! Not yet. And when I am I'll get the TV crew in to help clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you finally got it! now that I have moved I am going to start re reading it again for the unpacking! lol

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, Hoarders always gets me moving too! They should film an offshoot: "People Watching Hoarders: Throwing Everything Away in Under 1 Hour"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments guys, I think I can feel a 10 minute chuck out coming on LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicky
    I found yur blog and the site you should try is flylady.net Her mantra is anything is possible for 15 minutes and this year her theme is seven minutes in 2011. I do anything for seven minutes and it is amazing how much vaccuming you can do in seven minutes.
    Her site is the biggest yahoo group ever six hundred thousand members that yahoo had to design things just for her.
    good luck with the declutter - remember "one thing into the house two things out" is the mantra i try to live by especially in my wardrobe.
    Diane
    Stratford, New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicky
    Try Flylady.net It is the best site and for 15 minutes a day you can do anything.
    Routines are the best and habits get formed for all sorts of things.
    Diane
    Stratford, NZ

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Hoarders: Buried Alive. We also have another hoarding show just called Hoarders. Different channel, same basic premise. I must admit, I'm quite fascinated by not only the illness but the treatment.

    ReplyDelete