Monday, January 25, 2010

Creative Weekend & Australia Day


First off, Happy Australia Day to my Aussie Friends who read this blog, The 26th is Australia Day and it is a time for cities to waste amazing amounts of money on fireworks and cleanups on the day after. Actually that isn't the reason but I just can't justify how so much money can be spent when it could go to other places that need it - that would be in the true Australian spirit.

On a totally different note, here is a picture of a couple of dishcloths that I finished ( I joined a yahoo group which does monthly KAL). The pictures aren't super good so here is a brief description of them both....The green one says "Happy 2010" and the cream one has hearts and a lace motif happening. Oh and I would like to say a big thanks to my cross stitch and fellow yarn worshiper Chars (Chars Blog) for giving me a website that stocks US yarns here in Australia, I might thank you buy the MOTH and my bank balance may not LOL


And I have my stitching mojo back. Yesterday I went to the filing cabinet where I have some of my charts stashed and closed my eyes and pulled out this one...


I have never done a sampler type cross stitch and so far I am enjoying it, and here is the progress that I acheived on Sunday. I am actually so into stitching this at the moment I need to get off the computer, hang the washing out, tidy up, run the vacum cleaner around and get back to it :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love that store - its been around for a while now (at least 1-2 years) it was about time someone brought all the good stuff over for us to purchase :) Thanks for linking back to my blog :)

    The sampler is looking good :) Can't wait to watch your progress.

    ReplyDelete